Section 1 - Building
There are several structures that we don’t allow on any of our servers for various reasons ranging from ethical and civil to performance. These structures are prohibited even in the wild. These include but are not limited to:
- Continuous redstone clocks
- Structures that are inappropriate, taboo and NSFW (Not safe for work)
- Structures that cause a lot of lighting updates
- Structures that will cause performance issues (Such as lag machines)
- Structures that are built out of anything designated as a tile entity in an area for purposes other than their general intended purpose within Minecraft gameplay
- Tile entities include (but may not be limited to, depending on future updates): Chests, Furnaces, Brewing stands, Noteblocks, Enchanting Tables and Signs
In some of the game modes we provide, there is the ability to claim territory from the server as your own. Overtime, as you accumulate playtime on the server you gain the ability to claim more territory. When claiming territory from the server you must ensure that:
- The territory does not contain any structures that you don’t own unless given express permission by the creator(s) of the structure(s)
- In the case of structures being built by multiple players, you must have permission from all members to claim the territory
- You agree to take full responsibility for the risks involved with trusting a player to your territory. Trusting a player allows them to build, open containers, and teleport in and out of your territory.
- You are not allowed to claim territory in such a way that it annoys other players
- In cases where the territory being claimed is an island, you cannot claim part of the island and call possession over the entire island. You must claim the entire island.
- You cannot claim territory that will obstruct other players from entering/leaving their territory or from their stored belongings
Section 2 - Farms
All things in moderation. Don't cause lag with excessive TNT, entities (farm harvests, ore mining), etc. Be aware that our lag monitor will cancel large events, so you can lose items if harvesting/mining large quantities in mass, and these will not be replaced by staff.
Players who create builds with the intent to lag or crash the server will be banned. No over-the-top farms will be allowed. Your massive mob farm will not get the rates you're expecting on a server, and you really don't need 20 double chests of melons and pumpkins and cactus (e.g.). Instead focus your energies on creativity and building something pretty rather than laggy.
Don't run high-frequency clocks. All redstone clocks must have an “off switch”. Again, this takes up server resources and causes others to lag. If you need a clock make sure it's running at a reasonably slow tick rate to avoid annoying everyone else, and never leave it running if you're AFK or not in the area. This is disrespectful to all of your fellow players. Find ways to run your farms without clocks.
“Zero-tick” farms are not allowed. In addition to being an unnecessary source of frame lag (high frequency, crazy pistons), we also consider these to be a game exploit (items are generated far faster than they would be under normal conditions), putting you in danger of a ban.
Section 3 - Player vs Player (PvP)
In some game modes pvp is enabled at all times and anyone can pick up your items on death, while in others it is toggleable and only you can pick up your items on death.
- When pvp is enabled, you do so at your own risk. Players who kill you are not and will never be required to give items back
- In meltdown PvP is enabled everywhere. However, this rule still applies
- Staff will not take any action or refund any items in any case of you dying in a PvP area or when PvP is enabled, unless an exploit was involved. Staff will still not refund anything lost in these scenarios
Section 4 - Theft & Containers
Containers are defined as any tile/tile entity that allows you to store items inside of them.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your items remain in your possession
- It is legal to take from unclaimed chests
- If you trust someone else to allow them access to a chest, they are allowed to take any of the contents. Be cautious when allowing others access to your chests
Section 5 - Personal Conduct
We encourage players to have fun and cooperate in a way that doesn’t disrespect or abuses other players. This includes anywhere on the server and in the Discord server. Treat others how you would like to be treated. Behaviour in the chat that is not tolerated is as follows:
- Discrimination - negative comments related to skin colour, gender, or other personal qualities
- Overuse of bad language
- Trolling players
- Insulting other players in any way
- Encouraging violence or hatred towards other players
- Falsifying information about other players
- Sharing another player’s personal information without their consent
- Media Advertising - posting links to YouTube, Twitter, SnapChat, Domains, etc
- Spamming - pasting the same or similar messages over and over
- Intentionally avoiding the chat filter
- Talking about self-harm, or other deeply negative experiences
- Advertising giveaways
Section 6 - Cheating, Unfair play and Exploiting
To provide a fun in-game experience for all players. We forbid the use of hacks, cheats, mods, macros, and other all other behaviours that are used to gain an unfair advantage.
Any bug on the server or within Minecraft, to gain an in-game advantage over other players, is seen as unfair gameplay and is not allowed. This is to ensure that bugs that do arise are not used in an abusive manner to gain an unfair advantage in any of our game modes.
This means no matter where they are on the server, regardless of the reason, game modifications, “cheating” or exploiting that gives unfair advantages to gameplay are strictly prohibited.
Unfair advantages includes the following:
- Encouraging cheating and/or rule breaking
- Autoclick / Macros / Botting
- The use of a Hacked client
- Disallowed Mods
- Ban evasion
- AFK kick evasion
Section 7 - Player Safety
As a Minecraft server, we do not have any control over your Minecraft account. However player safety is very important to us, so where possible we take steps to help protect our players from losing their accounts or otherwise being tricked or subjected to scams.
Please do NOT share your Minecraft account details with anyone else. You are responsible for what happens to your account so make sure that your passwords are secure and that you never give them out to anyone.
Ways in which your security could get compromised are:
- Unauthorised account access - “Account Security Alert” will be used when we suspect your account is being used without your consent, we will alert you with this message. We recommend resetting your password immediately
- Staff Impersonation - pretending to be a member of staff (Helper, Moderator, Admin or Operator)
- Trading Items or Accounts
- Phishing Links
- Account Selling