Collected Information by the Vertex Network
We collect information about the Services we provide and how you use them, such as the selections you make on our Services. We collect personally identifiable information (PII), device-identification information (DII), and log information about your interactions as the following describes.
PII is information that can be used to identify you as a person or contact you online or offline. This data includes information such as your name, address, email, phone number(s), photos, videos, audio data, and payment information. The Services we provide may collect PII when it is provided to us such as when you use our Services, attempt to contact us, submit a resume or application, volunteer, complete a job application or volunteer work application, or connect with us on your social media(s) or one of our partners.
We may also collect or create DII such as cookies, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, usernames, and similar identifiers that are linkable to a browser or device. From these platforms, we may also receive other information such as your IP address, user agent, timestamps, precise geographic location, imprecise geolocation, sensor data, fonts, apps, battery life information, and screen size.
Our Services additionally collect information about your interactions with the Services, including navigation paths, search queries, timestamps, crashes, clicks, shares, purchases, and referral URLs. We may combine our data with PII and DII. Information about your interactions may be transmitted to our servers while you are not using the app. We may also partner with third parties that collect additional information -- please see their privacy policies for more details and see below for your alternative options and choices regarding these third parties.
How Information is Used
The information we collect through our Services is used to provide more, maintain, and improve our Services in addition to developing new Services and offerings. PII is primarily used for business purposes such as sending occasional newsletters, hiring, responding to inquiries, and providing Services. We may keep a record of your communication as well as the other information to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Services such as letting you know about any important changes or Service improvements. The comments sections, community forums, or similar areas are publicly accessible. Any information posted in those areas is viewable and usable by anyone that has access.
The PII we share with outside organizations is for a variety of limited purposes:
- We will share PII with companies with your consent
- We share PII with outside organizations or individuals for legal reasons. We share this information if we have a good-faith belief that the access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In the event of a sale or asset transfer, user information, including PII collected from you through our Services could be included in the transferred assets of a merger, acquisition, or other transaction. Should an event occur, we will put forth an effort to notify you, either through email or a social media conversation and/or a prominent notice on the Services.
- We share aggregated information and DII with our partners such as businesses we have a relationship with, advertisers, or connected sites. As an example, we may share information to show trends about the general use of our Services.
We use DII to operate our Services and manage user sessions, including the analysis of the use of our Services, preventing malicious behaviour and fraud, improving content, to link your identity across devices and browsers to provide you with a more seamless online experience, and helping third parties provide relevant information or advertising and related metrics. We share DII with third parties primarily for advertising and analytics purposes, for external processing, and security purposes.
- Paypal Privacy Statement: https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Tebex Privacy Notice: https://www.tebex.io/legal/privacy
- Microsoft Privacy Statement: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
- Minicenter EULA: https://minicenter.net/EULA.html
Alternative Options and Choice
If you do not wish to share the detailed information above with the Vertex Organization and its Services, please do not use the Services.
If you wish to cancel or delete your account, you can do so by contacting us for assistance with the process at [email protected]
We do not honour DNT flags but instead offer other choices concerning third parties. Many third parties participate in self-regulation to offer you a choice regarding targeted ads. You may still see generic advertisements after opting out of our services, but they will not be based on your activities online.
Accessing your Information
We strive to provide opportunities to access, update, and delete your PII. In some cases, we may have to keep that information for legitimate legal or business purposes.
Updating your Information
When your information is updated, we may ask you to verify your identity and information before we can act on your request.
Your information will be processed and stored in any other place where Google servers, our Services, and additional Vertex servers are located and you are consenting to such transfer, processing, and storage. We work diligently to protect our users from unauthorized access or alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold. Since no software or storage system is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your information associated with the Services or any other service for that matter.
We do not knowingly collect the information for or from any child under the age of thirteen. If you are the parent of a child under thirteen, you may contact us at [email protected] for any concern regarding your child’s information on our Services.
Our Services are Located in the United States
Our Services are directed to citizens of the United States of America. If you reside outside of the United States, your information will still be processed and stored in the United States. By using our Services, you consent to transfer, process, and store your information through us under the laws of the United States of America.
If you have questions, requests, or demands regarding your privacy, please contact us at [email protected]